Sunday, October 10, 2010

Gluten Tests in the USA

The following medical laboratories in the USA currently measure IgG-gliadin (using Inova Diagnostic gliadin IgG kits).

Duke University

Thomas Jefferson Univ. Hospital

Alverno Clinical Laboratories

University of Washington

The Miriam Hospital

Clinical Pathology Laboratories

Allergy A.R.T,S,

Quest Diagnostics, MA

Meridian Valley Clinical Lab LabCorp also offers this test but as part of an overall IBS test panel.

Please ask your doctor to send you to one of these labs for the gliadin test.

See your Medical Practitioner

To get this test, you need your own GP to fill out your blood form. Ask for these tests for comprehensive testing for celiac and gluten problems:

tTG antibody (called IgA tissue transglutaminase antibody)

DGP antibody (called Deamidated Gliaidn Peptide, IgA and IgG)

IgG-gliadin (also called IgG anti-gliadin antibody)

IgA-gliadin (also called IgA anti-gliadin antibody)

Also these tests help with the interpretation :

Total IgA antibody levels (looking for deficiency in IgA antibody production)

Ferritin (a measure of your iron stores)

Hb (Haemoglobin to check for anaemia)

CRP (called C-Reactive-Protein to look for evidence of inflammation)

Use the eClinic for help with the interpretation.

Often GPs are unfamiliar with the gliadin test (it is not offered in all laboratories), so they subsequently are unsure of the interpretation. So if you enter the blood test results into the "TEST results" section of the eClinic, you will get an accurate interpretation

Visit my Website for more information

Follow me on Facebook

Watch my videos on Youtube


  1. Prometheus Labs also offer the anti-gliadin tests.


  2. how about

  3. It appears that Prometheus has recently updated (November) their list and replaced the AGA test with the DGP test. That is really sad...


  4. Your blog is very informative and gracefully
    Your guideline is very good.Thank you

    buy research peptides USA
    Buy Research Chemicals USA